Game Development BA(Hons)
Join a community of people who have a real passion for games. From day one, you’ll work as you would within a team in the industry, developing your own games. You’ll replicate professional practice, learning in a range of environments to discover your specialism and prepare for the career you want.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
You'll learn how different specialisms work together, how to work effectively in a team and to develop the role you play in it. These Game Development courses simulate how industry operates, in a studio environment that's built to mirror a real games development studio.
- Build your own games from day one and have the opportunity to establish your own company in your third year
- Work in one of the largest and best equipped dedicated game-making spaces of any university in the UK
- Work in a department dedicated to gaming and be surrounded by people working in all aspects of the industry
- Develop a multi-disciplinary approach, using Unity and Unreal to touch upon all aspects of game creation
- Have the flexibility to change your area of specialism based on your skills and interests
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2022 and subject to validation.
Learn core game art abilities, like character and environment modelling, using industry-standard packages, processes and pipelines.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W281
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY01
Become a gameplay programmer who implements and tests the core mechanics of the game and evaluates how players interact with them.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W285
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY30
Create sound effects, sonic environments and scores that electrify players, and then work in-engine to integrate them into games in an immersive way.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W283
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY27
Prototype and implement the rules, systems, puzzles and levels that challenge players and shape their experience, iteratively testing and refining them.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W284
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY28
Create backstories, dialogue, quests and player journeys as you learn foundational creative writing skills and translate them into narrative design for games.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W286
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY31
Learn to manage the production of game projects, identifying and solving problems while making the development process run smoother and helping to deliver the project on schedule.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: I608
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY29
Data Science BSc(Hons)
Give yourself the professional edge with an impressive combination of technical data science skills, renowned visual arts expertise, cross-discipline...
Game Animation BA(Hons)
Join a community of people who have a real passion for games. From day one, you’ll work as you would within a team in the industry, developing your...
Computer Science BSc(Hons)
New immersive realities, data-rich and informed interactions, automations, and ever-more connected clouds are shaping the way the world operates and...
Drive the future of live entertainment with this innovative esports degree course. Bridging communications, games, business and events, you'll learn...
Explore the world of artificial intelligence and create interactive robots that respond to the challenges of modern life – from the rapid growth of...
Immersive Computing BSc(Hons)
Use new and experimental technology to create exciting learning environments, make accessible experiences and bring the impossible to life. You’ll...
Game Art BA(Hons)
Join our Game Art degree and develop your creative capabilities while honing the skills you’ll need to make it as a successful artist in the games...
Computing for Games BSc(Hons)
Master the skills needed to shape the games of the future by studying games through the lens of computer science. Building upon industry-standard...