Computer Science BSc(Hons)
Learn from a diverse range of experts to help you become a daring computer scientist.
New immersive realities, data-rich and informed interactions, automations and ever-more connected clouds are shaping the way the world operates and how people interact with each other – computer science underpins it all. You’ll leverage scientific principles and cutting-edge technology to create new and compelling products and services.
Choose between a three-year degree, a four-year degree with a year of professional practice or a four-year degree with an Integrated Foundation Year.
- Get practical hands-on experience, immersing yourself in computer programming and software engineering to build your own software
- Work on complex real-world problems set in partnership with industry and explore a range of market-led incubation opportunities identified by our RealWORKS employability team
- Advance your knowledge of computer science and computing technologies in a way that enables you to incorporate cutting-edge advances into the digital products and services you create
- Leverage user-centred design thinking in your system development lifecycles, taking advantage of our research strengths in this area
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary Agile teams to realise projects with real commercial potential
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway is subject to validation.