Computer Science BSc(Hons)
New immersive realities, data-rich and informed interactions, automations, and ever-more connected clouds are shaping the way the world operates and how people interact with each other – computer science underpins it all.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
|UCAS code||I100 (3 year) / I101 (4 year)|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||✔|
This course is new for entry year 2021.
You'll be taught by experts from the Games Academy and the School of Entrepreneurship, to help you become a daring computer scientist capable of leveraging scientific principles and cutting-edge technology to create new and compelling products and services.
Choose between a three-year degree or a four-year degree with a year of professional practice. While you must select one for your UCAS application, you’ll have the chance to change your decision up to the end of your second year.
- Get practical hands-on experience, doing a lot of computer programming and software engineering to build your own software
- Work on complex real-world problems set in partnership with industry and explore a range of market-led incubation opportunities identified by our RealWORKS employability team
- Advance your knowledge of computer science and computing technologies in a way that enables you to incorporate cutting-edge advances into the digital products and services you create
- Leverage user-centred design thinking in your system development lifecycles, taking advantage of our research strengths in this area
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary agile teams that span the Games Academy and the School of Entrepreneurship to realise projects with real commercial potential using approaches that mirror industry
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages