Game Development BA(Hons)
|Course duration||3 years / 4 years|
You’ll learn how different specialisms work together, how to work effectively in a team and to develop the role you play in it. These courses simulate how industry operates, in a studio environment that’s built to mirror a real games development studio.
- Build your own games from day one and have the opportunity to establish your own company in your third year
- Work in one of the largest and best-equipped dedicated game-making spaces of any university in the UK
- Learn in a department dedicated to gaming and be surrounded by people working in all aspects of the industry
- Develop a multidisciplinary approach, using Unity and Unreal to touch upon all aspects of game creation
- Have the flexibility to change your area of specialism based on your skills and interests
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2022 and subject to validation.
Learn core game art abilities, like character and environment modelling, using industry-standard packages, processes and pipelines.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W281
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY01
Become a gameplay programmer who implements and tests the core mechanics of the game and evaluates how players interact with them.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W285
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY30
Create sound effects, sonic environments and scores that electrify players, and then work in-engine to integrate them into games in an immersive way.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W283
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY27
Prototype and implement the rules, systems, puzzles and levels that challenge players and shape their experience, iteratively testing and refining them.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W284
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY28
Create backstories, dialogue, quests and player journeys as you learn foundational creative writing skills and translate them into narrative design for games.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: W286
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY31
Learn to manage the production of game projects, identifying and solving problems while making the development process run smoother and helping to deliver the project on schedule.
- BA(Hons) 3 year: I608
- Integrated Foundation Year BA(Hons) 4 year: FY29