Experience Falmouth at one of our Open Days
Our on-campus and virtual Open Days are designed to give you all the information you need about life at Falmouth.
Book your spot on an Open Day to explore our facilities and location and meet our staff and current students.
Want to visit our beautiful campuses and explore our world-class facilities? Book your spot at one of our informal Open Days.
What to expect on the day
Our on-campus Open Days run from 10am to 4:30pm. Your Open Day will work around a bookable time slot for an academic course introduction session: this is the only fixed time you need to remember. From there, you can organise the rest of your visit through easy to access drop in sessions and campus tours which run throughout the day.
- Welcome – When you arrive on campus, you’ll be met by our friendly Future Studies team. This is a great opportunity to ask any questions, such as how to apply, what our accommodation options are and how to navigate student finance. You’ll also get to speak to our Student Ambassadors, who’ve got lots of insights and advice to share about life at Falmouth.
- Academic session – During your booked academic session, you’ll get to meet a lecturer from the subject area you're interested in who'll show you around the department facilities and answer all your questions. You’ll find out what courses we offer, how the courses are delivered and what modules will be available.
- Campus tour – On a campus tour you’ll get to visit our world-class facilities and get a better idea about life on campus. Our Future Studies team will let you know the tour times and meeting points when you arrive. You do not need to book these tours and they run throughout the day.
- Drop in sessions - During the Open Day there will be drop in sessions covering topics such as how to apply and portfolio advice throughout the day. You do not need to book these sessions.
Accessibility & additional requirements
You'll have the opportunity to tell us if you or your guests have any additional requirements when you make your academic session booking. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 1326 254350.
All upcoming Open Days
Open Day arrivals & information
Falmouth University is split between two campuses, approximately four miles apart:
Regular buses run between the two, with a journey time of 20-25 minutes. Before you come to your Open Day, make sure you check which campus you'll need to be at. You can find out which course group is located on each of the campuses below:
Courses on Falmouth Campus:
- Creative Advertising
- English & Creative Writing
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
- Journalism & Creative Writing
- Marketing Communications
- Media Production
- Sustainable Product Design
Courses on Penryn Campus:
- Costume Design
- Experience Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Photography
- Fashion Styling & Art Direction
- Game Development and Art
- Post-Production & Visual Effects
- Television and Film
- Theatre Arts
- Textile Design
Find out how to get here via car or public transport on our How to find us page.
Parking is available on Penryn Campus. Falmouth Campus does not have parking available, and the nearest public car park is Dell Car Park.
Arrive 30 minutes before your first booked session. This will give you enough time to meet our Student Ambassadors and quiz our Future Studies team.
We recommend leaving around 3-4 hours for your Open Day, to make sure you have enough time to explore our campuses and get any questions answered.
If you’d like more detailed information about our courses, how to apply or student finance, we recommend booking on to our virtual events as well as visiting us on campus.
Your booking includes spaces for family and friends. Check our latest information for guests for more information.
Alongside your booked academic session and any drop in sessions you choose to attend, you can explore our campuses at your leisure throughout the day.
Both Falmouth and Penryn campuses have restaurants and cafés serving fresh food, drinks and snacks, as well as beautiful sub-tropical gardens.
If you'd like to explore the local area, Falmouth and Penryn towns have lots of cafés, restaurants, museums, bars, galleries, shops... and of course two beaches and a castle! You can find out more about things to see and do when visiting Falmouth on the Falmouth town website.
Visiting Falmouth University on a budget
If you’re planning to attend a university Open Day, we know that the various costs involved may affect your decision to book. So, here are our top tips for making your Falmouth Open Day more affordable.Find out more