Explore the world of artificial intelligence and create interactive robots that respond to the challenges of modern life – from the rapid growth of the Internet of Things, to providing entertainment, companionship, and helping people to live more sustainably.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
|UCAS code||I490 (3 year)/ I491 (4 year)|
This course is new for entry year 2021
After establishing a firm foundation in developing software and hardware, you'll apply your skills to both individual projects and major collaborations. We'll provide you with exciting opportunities to bring your ideas to life by designing engaging human-robot interactions and working prototypes.
- Apply your skills to inspiring projects spanning creative and technical domains, on briefs set by industry partners
- Build robots that interact with people and environments in novel and interesting ways
- Develop an understanding of the environmental, societal and cultural context for robotics and the implications for the design, engineering, deployment and adoption of robotic technologies
- Implement robotic systems that leverage state-of-the-art artificial intelligence
- Obtain a mastery of programming and physical fabrication by working on practical problems in a bespoke social robotics lab
Choose between a three-year degree or a four-year degree with a year of professional practice. While you must select one for your UCAS application, you’ll have the chance to change your decision up to the end of your second year.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages