Computing for Games BSc(Hons)
|Course duration||3 years / 4 years|
You’ll collaborate with other students in the Games Academy – from animators through to sound designers – to develop a multidisciplinary approach with creativity at its heart. By the time you graduate, you’ll be confident in pursuing a career in software development, in the games industry and beyond.
- Get under the hood of video game engines such as Unity and Unreal while learning a range of programming languages, including C#, Python and C++
- Engage with the latest technologies to develop broadly transferable skills
- Blend creativity and science while developing teamwork and communication skills that are highly desired in the industry
- Develop an ‘optimisation mindset’ by learning to work within platform constraints
- Make games collaboratively with artists, animators, composers, designers, writers and other programmers
- Study on a course accredited by The Chartered Institute for IT
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2022 and subject to validation.
This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.