Sound Design BA(Hons)
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
|Attendance||Full-time / Sandwich|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||Yes✔|
This course is new for entry year 2023
This highly collaborative degree will equip you with the creative and technical abilities for your dream role as a sound designer or a sound experience professional, ready to make waves in industries such as music, animation and visual media.
As someone with a passion for sound, you’ll immerse yourself in its creation and production. Guided by an expert team and working in partnership with students in associated fields, you’ll emerge with diverse skills and a distinctive portfolio.
- Build core sound design and related audio skills, encompassing concepts, practices, tools and workflows
- Work with industry-standard software, hardware and technical facilities, including mixing consoles, portable recording equipment, Foley/ ADR suites and dedicated post-production audio suites
- Develop a contextual knowledge of contemporary sound design
- Collaborate in project teams across a range of creative disciplines to develop and apply knowledge, experience and transferable skills
- Experiment with future applications of sound, including sonic wearables and branding, soundscape ecology and sound design in wellbeing
- Gain business, marketing and entrepreneurial insight, boosting your employability