Theatre & Performance BA(Hons)
Embrace a world of opportunity to become an original and distinctive theatre maker and performer. As part of the Academy of Music and Theatre Arts you'll learn and work in industry-standard studios and performance spaces in our professional venue.
|Course Duration||3 years|
Collaborative and exploratory work underpins this course. You’ll work on every aspect of the creative process, from devising individual performances to directing and producing performances with others.
As a reflective practitioner, you’ll test the theories you learn in lectures through your own work and performances. With a focus on live interaction, you’ll begin with workshops and performances to peers, progressing to public performances in your third year.
- Benefit from AMATA’s year-round performance programme which attracts top artists and performers.
- Build industry links through workshops, guest lectures and visits led by world-class artists such as Gecko Theatre, Kneehigh and Prodigal Theatre.
- Learn to utilise our extensive range of technical sound, lighting and recording equipment.
- Work with highly-skilled and experienced academic staff and creative technicians.
- Create and take part in a diversity of projects and a major production at the AMATA Festival in your third-year.