Theatre & Performance BA(Hons)
Create original, brave and enthralling work for theatre and live spaces.
Embrace a world of opportunity on this inspirational course underpinned by intensive practical and collaborative work. You'll explore every aspect of the creative process, enabling you as artist, actor, performer and theatre-maker to device, direct, perform and produce pieces with others.
You’ll be trained by celebrated theatre companies, makers and academics, enabling awareness and confidence within a range of performance contexts and opportunities. You’ll graduate as a thinking, skilled, creative practitioner who can frame, manage, produce and professionally facilitate your own work.
- Benefit from AMATA’s year-round performance programme, which attracts top artists and performers
- Build industry links through workshops, guest lectures and visits by world-class companies such as Gecko Theatre, Prodigal Theatre and The Young Vic
- Learn to use our extensive range of technical sound, lighting and recording equipment
- Work with highly skilled and experienced practitioners, artists, academic staff and creative technicians
- Create and take part in collaborative projects, including a major production at the AMATA Festival
- Have access to green screen and motion-capture facilities, along with a host of other resources
The placement year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2023 and is subject to validation.