The Academy of Music and Theatre Arts (AMATA) is a purpose-built live venue on the Penryn Campus housing an assembly of flexible theatre spaces, performance, rehearsal and recording studios, a box office and exhibition areas. As an AMATA student you'll be sharing performance facilities with the likes of Shobana Jeyasingh Dance, Forced Entertainment, Kneehigh theatre, Neil Halstead, Rei Nakamura and Graham Fitkin.Visit AMATA
As we're a public venue, you'll be working within facilities that are made for industry, including:
- Multiple licensed performance spaces
- 200-capacity flexible theatre space
- 11 high-specification performance and rehearsal studios
- 13 specialist studio spaces licensed for public performance
- Digital box office system to support your professional practice
- Production space to aid group work, project management and events
- A public performance programme, which complements your learning through opportunities to volunteer and devise events
- High-specification performance studios for both acoustic and electronic music
As well as practice rooms and breakout areas ripe for collboration and socialising, AMATA also has its own cafe which serves up hot drinks, delicious homemade cakes, salads, toasted sandwiches and hot food as well as a range of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
From dance to music to acting, our rehearsal spaces provide professional-standard facilities and equipment. Key features include:
- 12 practice rooms
- 700m2 of fully sprung dance floors
- Seminar, exhibition and display spaces
Audio / recording equipment
From enhancing live performances to creating immersive music recordings, you'll be working with professional-standard audio equipment, including:
- Purpose-built sound studios incorporating the best analogue and digital technologies, including SSL and TLA valve consoles, fully accessible from your own laptop
- Classic and contemporary synthesizers and outboard equipment
- Professional software and one of the UK's largest collections of microphones in higher education
- The SONVA-x 10.2 Genelec surround system for mixing and performance
Develop a portfolio of skills to prepare you for work within the modern music industry – and to influence its future.
Popular Music BA(Hons)
Whether underground or mainstream, DIY or commercial, acoustic or electric, this course is focussed on developing your unique artistic identity in...
Musical Theatre BA(Hons)
With a thorough combination of acting, singing and dance, this course focusses on musical theatre- specific skills while developing your...
Music, Theatre & Entertainment Management BA(Hons)
Join the next generation of pioneering entertainment and music managers, and theatre arts producers.
Theatre & Performance BA(Hons)
Embrace a world of opportunity to become an original and distinctive theatre maker and performer. As part of the Academy of Music and Theatre Arts...
Technical Theatre Arts BA(Hons)
Develop specialised skills in stage management, lighting, sound and visual technologies, while gaining a thorough grounding in all aspects of...
Dance & Choreography BA(Hons)
This outward facing course is designed to launch you into the world of dance, through exploring the twin strands of dance and choreography, and...
Creative Music Technology BA(Hons)
From bass-heavy tracks to immersive sound installations, this course focuses on enhancing audio skills and sonic awareness through the creative...
Push boundaries and become a progressive actor in a highly creative, collaborative and supportive environment. Based in a vibrant, creative...
Get a 360º feel for our facilities, town and scenery in just a few clicks.