|Course duration||3 years|
If you’re stylistically eclectic and keen to experiment, this is the course for you. Whether you aspire to be a performer, composer, session musician, music educator, sound artist or to work in a mixture of these disciplines, we’ll offer an insight into the modern music industries.
- Learn to play in a range of musical styles and genres, in a variety of professional contexts
- Play regularly in ensembles, including session bands, vocal groups, contemporary music groups and laptop orchestras
- Benefit from guest speaker artists and ensembles. Recent visitors include Adrian Utley (Portishead), Graham Fitkin (composer), Kenny Werner (pianist), Ed O’Brien (Radiohead) and Kevos (ensemble)
- Have the chance to gain industry experience, from shadowing a professional composer or interning with a record label, to working with a professional orchestra
- Have the opportunity to investigate study options with our prestigious international exchange partners, including CalArts (USA), Griffith University (Australia), LASALLE (Singapore) and Nagoya University (Japan)