Music Business BA(Hons)
Master the skills needed to manage, create and innovate in the music business.
This course is new for entry year 2024
On this Music Business degree, explore the mechanics of this fast-changing sector of the entertainment industry and develop an in-depth understanding of what it takes to succeed. You’ll journey through music publishing, copyright legislation, marketing, recording and distribution, tackling real-life projects and learning from expert lecturers and industry insiders. By the end of this Music Business course, you’ll be ready to work ethically, sustainably and successfully.
- Study in industry-standard, purpose-built facilities that accommodate gigs, recording, rehearsal and business
- Gain skills in marketing, publishing, live and recorded music projects and project management, through working on real shows and releases
- Develop as a critical thinker, a creative problem solver and a collaborative team player
- Collaborate with students including video makers, photographers, fashion and graphic designers, dancers and choreographers from across the University
- Develop an understanding of legalities and economics, including contracts and intellectual property
- Gain the know-how to emerge into industry as an innovator, either within an established business or as a go-it-alone entrepreneur