Music Business BA(Hons)
Master the skills needed to manage, create and innovate in the music business.
This course is new for entry year 2024
Explore the mechanics of this fast-changing sector of the entertainment industry, and develop an in-depth understanding of what it takes to succeed in the business.
You’ll journey through music publishing, copyright legislation, marketing, recording and distribution, cutting your teeth on real-life projects and learning from expert lecturers and industry insiders. You’ll benefit from a collaborative culture which champions effective teamworking. By graduation, you’ll be ready to work ethically, sustainably and successfully within the music business.
- Study in industry-standard, purpose-built facilities that accommodate gigs, recording, rehearsal and business
- Gain skills in marketing, publishing, live and recorded music projects and project management, through working on real shows and releases
- Develop as a critical thinker, a creative problem solver and a collaborative team player
- Work with video makers, photographers, fashion and graphic designers, dancers and choreographers from across the University
- Develop an understanding of legalities and economics, including contracts and intellectual property
- Gain the know-how to emerge into industry as an innovator, either within an established business or as a go-it-alone entrepreneur