Marketing Communications BA(Hons)
Seize the opportunity to study marketing communications in a dynamic studio-based environment.
In a world where technology is rapidly transforming the way we live, work and play, where reputations are made or broken by an Instagram post, when consumers are starting to wonder whether the environment matters more than the bottom line, modern marketing and communications specialists need to be fast, flexible and future-focused.
From marketing theory and problem solving to strategic planning and understanding consumer behaviour, you’ll develop the skills, ideas and solutions to shape the industry’s future.
- Develop a strong marketing portfolio, showcasing your creative problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Learn by doing, in a variety of classes, including practical workshops, small group project work, team supervision and one-to-one tutorials
- Meet and network with guest speakers who are experienced marketers working for well-known brands
- Devise campaigns in response to real briefs set by our industry partners, working alongside Creative Advertising students
- Gain experience of working in multidisciplinary teams, in a lively studio setting
- Explore new and emerging marketing technologies, such as data-driven services, augmented reality, voice assistants and chatbots
Marketing Communications BA(Hons) is accredited by the leading professional marketing body, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This means students who successfully complete the full undergraduate degree are part-accredited for qualifications CIM offers professional marketing practitioners.
The Integrated Foundation Year and placement year pathways for this course are new for entry year 2023 and subject to validation.