Graphic Design BA(Hons)
With an emphasis on design thinking and crafting big ideas beautifully, this course is your springboard to a design career in the creative industries. You’ll discover how to solve challenging questions facing society and business today with great ideas delivered appropriately across print and digital platforms.
|Course Duration||3 years|
In your first year you’ll learn how to become an adept visual communicator, developing core skills in typography, branding, visual language, craft and critical thinking. You’ll experiment and explore as you move through the course, defining your identity and critical perspective for becoming a fully formed practitioner.
- Head to London for a week where you’ll visit a range of different studios from the boutique Fraser Muggeridge Studio to Pentagram, the world’s largest independent design consultancy.
- Have the opportunity to go on trips to cities abroad so you can gain global perspectives on the subject.
- Work on briefs created with, and supported by, industry practitioners.
- Enter creative competitions such as D&AD, ISTD and the Creative Conscience Awards.
- Go on an industry placement in the summer before your third year.
- Create an industry standard portfolio in your third year.