Sustainable Festival Management BA(Hons)
Engage with the future of festivals as part of this cutting-edge course.
Learn how to manage successful festivals, working at the forefront of inclusivity, accessibility and sustainability, while designing and delivering your own live events.
Studying in Cornwall, home to several exciting festivals, you’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience – both locally and further afield. You’ll learn creative, innovative and ethical approaches to festival event management that will benefit festival organisers and host communities, and limit environmental impact.
Alongside tuition from live event industry specialists, you’ll be taught by experts from our Cornwall Business School, gaining skills in leadership, project management and marketing to support your future career. This course has also been created in collaboration with the Eden Project; one of the UK’s most innovative environmentally-focused venues.
- Develop a sustainable approach to management in the globally expanding festival industry
- Take part in a range of live projects and micro-placements to develop real world skills and attributes that you can take forward directly into your career, including trips and learning experiences at the Eden Project
- Study on a course that’s accredited by both A Greener Festival and Attitude is Everything
- Explore the moral and political pressures of festivals and how to manage these sustainably
- Develop an understanding of the importance of accessibility and inclusivity when designing high quality festival experiences
This degree is accredited by A Greener Festival and Attitude is Everything; two organisations championing sustainability and inclusivity in live events.
The placement year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2023 and is subject to validation.