Sustainable Festival Management BA(Hons)
Engage with the future of festivals as part of this cutting-edge course.
It’s a fascinating time for the global festival industry; it’s seeing rapid growth while embracing exciting new technologies. Increasing demand for experiential entertainment is driving innovation, while the sector is also grappling with the importance of inclusivity, accessibility and sustainability.
Based in a creative arts institution, partnered with the pioneering Eden Project and located in a region with a thriving festival scene, this course is at the forefront of the future of festivals.
You’ll explore the business of festivals, getting to grips with the essential matters of finance, marketing and project management, while gaining hands-on industry experience and putting your ideas into practice, running your own events or working with venues in Cornwall and further afield.
You’ll graduate as a confident, resilient festival manager, with the ability to affect positive change that will benefit festival organisations, attendees, communities and the environment.
- Gain the skills, knowledge and insights to manage successful festivals, from music festivals, to those focusing on literature, food, comedy and more.
- Benefit from the breadth of leading sector expertise at the Eden Project, host of the Eden Sessions
- Get real experience organising live events and engaging with industry partners
- Benefit from the expertise of specialist staff with experience in music, events, hospitality, technical and entrepreneurial backgrounds, as well as relevant research interests.
- Develop a range of project management skills – essential for the fast-moving and ever-changing contemporary festival industry
- Study on a course that’s accredited by both A Greener Future and Attitude is Everything, placing you at the forefront of current thinking on inclusivity, accessibility and sustainability.
This Sustainable Festival Management degree is accredited by A Greener Future and Attitude is Everything; two organisations championing sustainability and inclusivity in live events.