Become an expert in drawing, its history and contemporary practice, and its application across a broad range of disciplines. Through set projects and exercises, you’ll learn to observe and record the material world. You’ll also draw from areas like memory and imagination, theories and systems, and concepts and narratives.
|Course Duration||3 years|
This course is in Clearing
With close support from our academic staff, you’ll take an individual journey to develop a drawing language of your own. Falmouth is one of only a select number of UK universities to offer a pure drawing degree, and is the ideal location to develop your expertise and knowledge of the world of drawing.
- Work in our purpose built, dedicated suite of studios where you’ll explore life drawing, printmaking, digital methods, reportage and animation, and much more.
- Go on residential study visits in places like Venice, Amsterdam and the Isles of Scilly.
- Benefit from a two-week work placement in your second year where you’ll make connections and have opportunities to explore the practical applications of drawing.
- Explore a range of academic ideas with students from all years of the course in our student-led debate series.
- Have opportunities throughout your three years to exhibit your work.