Fashion Styling & Art Direction BA(Hons)
Influence the future of fashion as you take on the world of fashion styling. Underpinned by a progressive foundation of sustainability and ethical practice, you’ll receive guidance from current industry specialists and work in collaboration with other disciplines across the University to work on an exciting array of live briefs.
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||✔|
This course is new for entry year 2022.
You'll graduate with the skills you need to become a freelance practitioner or step into an in-house role, working with teams from a variety of backgrounds.
- Gain skills in fashion styling and creative direction from commercial to high-end conceptual fashion applications.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the entire fashion styling process, including a history of fashion and exploring the way that different cultural themes and issues are materialised in clothing and trends.
- Learn how to become a confident leader – managing teams and the expectations of senior crew and talent.
- Learn self-management skills, such as budget control, scheduling and personal financial management as a freelance practitioner.
- Have access to facilities, such as industrial sewing machines and specialist construction equipment, our dye lab and our dress and textile archive, containing costume pieces from contemporary history.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages