Costume Design for Film & Television BA(Hons)
On this dynamic course, you’ll cultivate the practical, creative and theoretical skills needed to enter the exciting world of screen-based costume design. You’ll be part of a course designed by industry, for industry, working in an environment that mirrors current professional practices.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
You'll prepare for a career in screen-based costume design through interdisciplinary learning across our Fashion & Textiles Institute and the School of Film & Television. You'll be supported by professionals working at the forefront of the industry to develop your own distinctive design voice and portfolio.
- Gain core skills such as drawing, pattern cutting, costume construction and fitting techniques, observation, analysis and expansive research practices
- Explore anthropological, socio-political, psychological, environmental and cultural concepts when considering the analysis of character and script, as well as how to plot costumes for moving image
- Enhance your developing design profile through an exploration of industry applications such as music promos, commercials, costume breakdown and innovative challenge-based projects
- Develop essential knowledge of the various roles available across the costume design sector, budget organisation, ideas pitching, collaboration and team working, as well as increased awareness of freelance practice and self-management techniques
- Refine your skills as a costume practitioner in your final year through a major collaborative screen production project to develop your portfolio, making you industry ready
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2022 and subject to validation.
The course is one of the few undergraduate programmes recognised by BAFTA UK as an eligible course for the BAFTA UK Scholarship programme.
Fashion Styling & Art Direction BA(Hons)
Become a visionary fashion stylist and art director as part of Falmouth’s collaborative community of risk-taking fashion pioneers.
Fashion Marketing BA(Hons)
Become part of the exciting and ever- evolving world of fashion marketing. This CIM-accredited course balances real-world industry experience with...
Fashion Design BA(Hons)
Create original, responsible and inspiring fashion, making your unique footprint on the industry. On this innovative fashion design course, you’ll...
Fashion Photography BA(Hons)
Develop your unique artistic voice and springboard into the industry as an innovative fashion photographer. You’ll become a networked fashion image-...