Costume Design for Film & Television BA(Hons)
Cultivate the skills required to enter this exciting and ever-growing industry, focusing on contemporary costume in the modern period (1945-present and beyond).
|Course Duration||3 years|
|UCAS code||To be confirmed|
|Subject to validation during this academic year|
This course is new for entry year 2020.
Academics, technicians and designers working at the forefront of the film and television industries will support you to develop your own professional-level portfolio.
We’ll help prepare you for a career in costume design by teaching current industry practices through interdisciplinary learning in both our Fashion & Textiles Institute and School of Film & Television.
- Gain core skills such as drawing, pattern cutting, garment construction and fitting techniques, costume design fundamentals and meaningful research practices.
- Explore anthropological, socio-political, psychological and cultural concepts when considering the analysis of character and script as well as how to plot costumes for moving image.
- Enhance your developing design profile through an exploration of industry applications such as styling for music promos and commercials, costume breakdown and innovative costume design projects.
- Develop essential knowledge of budget organisation, collaboration and team working as well as increased awareness of freelance practice and self-management.
- Refine your skills in your final year through a major design project and portfolio production ready for entry into industry.