Housing dark rooms, post-production suites, full professional studios and gallery, our Institute of Photography encompasses both traditional and digital processes. The equipment hire desk is manned throughout term time, offering a range of the latest industry equipment free to loan.
In our multi-million-pound photographic centre you'll be able to develop the expertise that applies to your individual journey, ranging from traditional analogue processes, including colour darkroom skills, to digital post-production.
- Multiple darkrooms and process areas
- Large professional studios
- Film and paper processing machines
- Fully colour-managed digital suites
- Digital training area with Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional quality film scanners with the latest software
- Printing and mounting service
- Photography store containing a range of professional equipment for loan
- Macro and long lenses, macro flash, infrared triggers, time-lapse, underwater cameras and housing
- Photo-microscopy laboratory
- Walled garden with fully equipped hide for nature study, photography and filming
Dark room facilities in the Photography Centre
Students working in the studio (Photography Centre)
Lightbox facilities in the Photography Centre
External users information
|Photography Centre - Equipment Rental Prices 2018 (202.89 KB)|
|Photography Centre - Client and Visitor Information Sheet (82.02 KB)|
"The Photography Centre facilities are completely amazing. They totally outshone every other institution I visited. Even the place I did work experience with in Los Angeles didn't have studios or equipment that could match it."
Nicola Gomes, BA(Hons) Fashion Photography