Journalism and Creative Writing BA(Hons)
Kick-start your career as a writer, learning how to analyse, practise and publish all forms of journalism while also stretching your creative skills across a range of formats. Along the way, you’ll develop a potent technical toolbox of transferable skills essential in any number of journalistic and creative industries.
|Course Duration||3 years|
This joint degree blends practising and analysing digital journalism with developing your writing skills in a range of fictional and non-fictional contexts, from screenwriting and poetry through to writing for games and children's fiction.
- Benefit from exposure to the complete spectrum of writing expertise, including active journalists and published authors, documentary makers, screenwriters, game writers and poets
- Take part in challenging projects such as writing for one of our many partners in the news and features sectors
- Create a freelance portfolio in your third year, showcasing the writing and podcasting skills you've learnt and preparing you for your career ahead
- Have full access to our state-of- the-art equipment and studios
- Attend our eclectic guest lecture and workshop series to network directly with leading figures from the worlds of literature and journalism
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages