We combine the rigour of industry accreditation with a distinctive emphasis on creative digital storytelling, and a passion for unearthing the many untold stories in this fascinating part of the country.
|Course Duration||3 years|
This course is in Clearing
You’ll be able to develop an eye-catching portfolio and become an engaged, mobile journalist. Our academic team place employability at the heart of teaching, so work placements, professional mentors and real-world opportunities to broadcast or publish directly are embedded within your learning experience.
- Complete 15 days of work placement in your third year with organisations like the BBC and Reuters.
- Have the option to create a mini-documentary as your third year project.
- Have the opportunity to go on regular trips, have a mentor in your third year and attend our guest lecture series, Talking Shop, which has included speakers such as Kate Adie and George Monbiot.
- Benefit from our working relationships with national and regional media, including BBC Cornwall, Pirate FM and Source FM, and partnerships with PR and marketing firms.
- Graduate from a course acreddited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC) and the Professional Publishers Association (PPA).