For students travelling from outside of the UK we offer an airport meeting service. This year it will be held on Thursday 8 September 2016. Our dedicated team of staff and Student Ambassadors will meet you at whichever terminal you arrive in at London Heathrow between 0600-1400. Falmouth staff will be in yellow hoodies and have Falmouth placards to identify themselves. You will be taken by private mini bus to the Mercure London - Heathrow Hotel where you will be registered for onward coach travel to Penryn Campus. Free tea and coffee will be available at the hotel. Upon arrival at Penryn Campus you will be provided with complimentary food and drink, given your room key and be helped to your room by Falmouth University staff. You can also buy a bedding pack and will be given information about the evening welcome drinks event on campus. Our aim is to make your arrival here as stress free and easy as possible.
The Airport Collection Service operates on Thursday 8 September only. You are responsible for making your own way to Heathrow if your flight does not arrive here on these specific dates.
You must allow at least 2.5 hours between your flight landing and your bus departure time. This time is so you can navigate luggage, customs and travelling between terminals.
Applications will be allocated on a first come first served basis and the booking deadline is 4 September. If you apply after this date we will email you to inform you if you have a place within 24 hours. The journey is approximately 5.5 hours to Penryn after departing Heathrow.
The cost of the Airport Collection Service is £65.
To book, visit: fxplus.ac.uk/live/international-students
Terms and Conditions
- This service is available to Falmouth University students travelling from overseas
- There is a £65 charge for the service to Penryn Campus. This is a significant saving on public transport prices
- You can book multiple seats for family members who may be travelling with you
- There are no price reductions for children
- Unfortunately we cannot accept bookings for babies as we cannot provide the appropriate travel seats on the bus. All children must have their own seat and be able to sit unaided with a seat belt on
- We can only accept online bookings. If you have problems with the payment portal please email us your student number, flight details and the bus time you would like to catch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email you with further instructions
- You will receive a confirmation email of your booking. Please print this confirmation and bring it with you
- Places are limited on each coach. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis. To avoid disappointment please book early
- If you need to change your original booking please cancel your original booking and book online for your new time, if it is available. See cancellation section below
- You must allow 2.5 hours between your flight arrival time and your coach time
- Please try to limit your luggage to one suitcase and one piece of hand luggage as you will need to manage your luggage yourself. However, if you do bring more than one piece of luggage, as well as the coaches we have additional transport to for any extra luggage. Please note, if you send luggage unaccompanied or as freight to the airport, you will be responsible for collecting this at another time. Please note the University will not accept advance freight of your luggage and cannot store luggage for you in advance of your arrival
- The buses will take you directly to Penryn Campus and from there you will be transported to your various accommodations.
Cancellations and missed coaches:
- Email email@example.com to cancel your booking. We will acknowledge your cancellation email
- If you cancel your booking on or before 21 August you will receive a full refund
- If you cancel your booking after 21 August and before 8 September you will receive a £10 refund
- Cancellations received after 8 September will not receive a refund
- If you miss your booked bus because of a delay to your flight time we will do our best to put you on the next available bus. If, however, this is not possible you are responsible for your own transportation, and associated costs. You will not be entitled to a refund in this circumstance.
If you wish to travel independently to the Penryn Campus, or your accommodation in Penryn or Falmouth, Cornwall please consult the following websites: