Join a pioneering community and elevate your photographic practice
Driven by rich, experimental practice and with a focus on making images from day one, this Photography masters course supports you to re-imagine your work as a distinct, unique practitioner supported by award-winning staff at our Institute of Photography.
Throughout the course you will be challenged to expand the context of your work and consider new and dynamic working methods. Grounded in an understanding of photography as a medium in constant flux, you will engage with what it means to be a contemporary practitioner today: building resilience and responsiveness in this time of great international innovation.
Your development will be underpinned by the application of critical theory, where you will engage with global narratives surrounding contemporary photography.
You will also build on your practical skills: covering new photographic technologies, portfolio curation, developing your unique voice in critical writing, and disseminating your work in a global contemporary context – all within our exceptional photography facilities.
You’ll graduate having interrogated your practice, refined your voice and grown your specialist areas of interest, and own your place in our ever-changing visual culture.
Why study Photography MA at Falmouth?
- Push the boundaries of the photographic medium within specialist digital and analogue photography facilities
- Benefit from Falmouth’s foundation of sustainable practice and 120 years of creative innovation to become a critical changemaker
- Build a critically informed and dynamic portfolio as a photographer, firmly grounded in contemporary visual culture with the help of Falmouth’s industry-active academics
- Explore what it means to be a contemporary practitioner, while building resilience and responsiveness to innovation and change
- Discover channels for the dissemination of your work considering the social, cultural and political impact
- Have the opportunity to collaborate across disciplines with your postgraduate peers, such as those on MA Fine Art
- Graduate as part of our Institute of Photography: home to multi-award winning staff and alumni