Communication Design MA
Carve your path in a rapidly changing media world, where creating and communicating meaningful and effective ideas is paramount. You’ll benefit from frequent industry contact and expert tutors, preparing you for a range of careers in the creative industries.
|Course Duration||1 year|
Develop your individual critical voice through this transformative, studio-based course. Learning within an industry-focused environment, you’ll stay current by engaging with projects and insights supplied by leading global ‘provocateurs’, including writers, scientists, artists, curators and designers.
- Graduate with a strong portfolio for use in your future career
- Gain commercial experience through industry-focused engagements
- Access our multi-million-pound studio environment, which mirrors leading contemporary design studios
- Attend lectures by award-winning designers, practitioners and agencies, such as Pentagram, AKQA, Grey, Haller Brun, Åbäke, Visual Editions, Fraser Muggeridge Studio, Main Studio, Coley Porter Bell, and Brighten the Corners
- Develop creative skills relevant to multiple sectors including graphic design, branding, service design, publication design, exhibition design, UX design, design for social impact, art direction, and copywriting
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.