Music Business MA
Ready to shape the future of the music industry? From marketing and publishing to project management, you’ll develop the skills and expertise to work innovatively, ethically and sustainably in the contemporary music business sector.
|Course Duration||1 year|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||✔|
This course is new for September 2021 entry
Working with academics from the Academy of Music & Theatre Arts and the School of Entrepreneurship, you’ll explore new music business models and future-facing practice.
Based in our purpose-built facilities – which include space for gigs, recording, rehearsals and business – you’ll be immersed in a hub of creativity and collaboration. You’ll have the opportunity to develop projects with video makers, photographers, fashion designers, graphic designs, dancers and choreographers from across the University.
- Gain skills in marketing, publishing, contracts and project management
- Be able to undertake industry-accredited short courses
- Learn from lecturers with a wealth of industry experience covering everything from merchandising, music video production and managing micro-labels to international touring and major festivals
- Develop critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills and apply this to live music business projects
- Have the opportunity to interact with relevant music businesses, festivals, distributors and labels
- Have access to the University’s wide range of professional facilities, equipment and creative spaces
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates page