Music Business MA
Ready to shape the future of the music industry? From marketing and publishing to project management, you’ll develop the skills and expertise to work innovatively, ethically and sustainably in the world of contemporary music.
|Course Duration||1 year|
Working with academics from the Academy of Music & Theatre Arts and the Cornwall Business School, you'll explore new music business models and future-facing practice.
Based in our purpose-built facilities – which include space for gigs, recording, rehearsals and business – you'll be immersed in a hub of creativity and collaboration. You'll have the opportunity to develop projects with video makers, photographers, fashion designers, graphic designs, dancers and choreographers from across the University.
- Gain skills in marketing, publishing, contracts and project management
- Be able to undertake industry-accredited short courses
- Learn from lecturers with a wealth of industry experience covering everything from merchandising, music video production and managing micro-labels to international touring and major festivals like Glastonbury
- Develop critical thinking and creative problem solving skills and apply this to live music business projects
- Have the opportunity to interact with relevant music businesses, festivals, distributors and labels
- Have access to the University's wide range of professional facilities, equipment and creative spaces
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Do you want to become a successful entrepreneur? Join the UK’s number 1 university for graduate business leaders 2021*.
Marketing and Digital Communications MA (online)
Become a master strategist and innovative creator. Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving landscape of marketing and digital communications.
Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE) (online)
This PGCHE responds to the growing focus of higher education on developing excellence in teaching and learning that combines traditional face-to-face...
Creative Events Management MA/PGDip (online)
Developed in consultation with industry experts, this course is designed to empower you as a creative and entrepreneurial management practitioner.
Launchpad (with MSc Entrepreneurship)
Launchpad is where extraordinary individuals come to accelerate their ideas, gain vital business and entrepreneurial skills, develop viable start-ups...