Game Programming MSc
Get the edge in the highly competitive games industry.
Whether you’re currently studying a computing degree, are in the early stages of your career or want to re-train in this exciting field, this course will help you to become a confident game programmer who can deliver compelling play experiences.
Learn technical, creative and professional skills from veteran game developers and world-leading researchers, within a studio environment that mirrors industry. Our award-winning Games Academy studio is ripe for collaboration and innovation. Learning from experienced games practitioners, and working with artists and designers in a studio environment, you’ll experiment with cutting-edge technologies and game programming techniques. You’ll also benefit from our industry connections and insights; several of our graduates have seen great success with the UK Games Fund and founding their own indie game studios, through career support from our employability service RealWORKS
- Gain a Master of Science degree with a creative edge, helping you to stand out in a highly competitive sector by nurturing an imaginative approach to problem-solving – complementing your technical expertise and other highly sought-after transferable skills
- Learn from experienced game developers with expertise spanning experimental gameplay, human-computer interaction, graphics and simulation, distributed systems, analytics, AI, procedural content generation, physical computing and digital creativity
- Be encouraged to explore your unique creative voice and experiment freely with new technologies
- Undertake cutting-edge research under the supervision of subject-matter specialists
- Work within a simulated studio environment, in line with industry expectations
- Enhance your communication and collaboration skills through a team project with students and staff from other areas of games development
- Acquire the industry knowledge to take a game from initial concept through to a pitch-ready demonstration
- Develop your intellectual independence, and potentially establish yourself as a technical innovator or pursue a new career pathway in research and development
The Games Academy is an educational affiliate of the BCS