Define a new agenda for architecture. Develop and refine your skills while working on real projects with real purpose, tackling the key architectural concepts and challenges of our time.
|Course Duration||2 years|
Throughout this course, you'll explore the relationship between architecture, place and communities through the principles of participatory design, radical regionalism and sustainable design methodologies. With practising lecturers, high-profile industry guests and the opportunity to work on live build projects, you'll not only cultivate your own specialist design practice, but respond to the climate emergency with our unique attitude to materials and design.
This course is in the process of pursuing RIBA validation and ARB Part II prescription for spring 2022 and we will update the course page to reflect the outcome.
- Gain globally transferable RIBA accreditations (subject to validation*)
- Access dedicated architecture studios, industry facilities and workshops
- Learn from respected guest lecturers, who are experts in their field
- Collaborate with other students across architecture, design and interiors
- Be able to earn while you learn, with the course set out so that you can balance your professional practice with your academic studies
- Study for a master's degree in architecture on the only course of its kind in Cornwall
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.