Staff Excellence Awards 2018
Last night, the University celebrated the achievements, commitment and creativity of its staff at the annual Staff Excellence Awards.
The Stannary on Penryn campus was transformed into an art-deco, 1920s themed dining room for an audience including the nominees, winners and local dignitaries.
Falmouth's people are at the core of the institution's success and the event is an annual opportunity to thank staff who go above and beyond to support their students, drive cutting-edge research and maintain a world-class environment in which to live, learn and work.
Professor Anne Carlisle, Vice-Chancellor, said: "It's been another fantastic year at Falmouth, when we have won more awards, generated new businesses, undertaken exciting research and helped our students achieve great things. Our staff are behind all our success, their work is vital in ensuring Falmouth's ongoing progress and the Awards are a great opportunity to recognise that."
Our winners this year are:
- Service Excellence – Catherine Pope, HR Business Partner
- Outstanding Student Experience – James Fisher, Senior Technician: The Fashion & Textiles Institute
- Outstanding Research Initiative – Professor Tanya Krzywinska: Director of The Games Academy
- Outstanding Innovation – Cambridge Education Group & Hearst
- Internal Collaboration – The Future of Retail
- External Collaboration – Fashion Retail Academy
- Best Business Improvement Initiative – Wellbeing Team
- Manager of the Year – Natalie Brown, Head of Facilities Operations: FX Plus Residencies & Facilities
- Rising Star – Kirsty Davies, Head of Student Records: Student Administration & QAE
- Unsung Hero – Kirsty Davies-Clark, Technician: The Falmouth School of Art
- Outstanding Team – External Funding Team; Falmouth Campus Catering & Barista Team
- Most Inspirational Member of Staff – Geertje Dreijerink, Senior Lecturer: BA Fashion Design, The Fashion & Textiles Institute
Nominations for the 2019 Staff Excellence Awards will open in May 2019.