Work with Our Students
Looking for student talent in your business?
From working on live briefs as part of their studies to taking on internships and placements, our students and alumni have honed both their craft and the professional skills to succeed in the workplace. You can tap into Falmouth University's student talent by connecting with our Employability Service.
Connect with our employability service
We work with local, national and global partners to ensure our students and graduates get access to the best opportunities.
If you're an employer, see how you can connect with Falmouth's courageous thinkers, complex problem solvers and multi-skilled team players, below.
If you've got a question or want to find out more information about opportunities with the Employability Service, just get in touch with the team.
We work with local, national and global businesses to ensure great career opportunities are available to our students and graduates. Connect with Falmouth to promote or advertise:
- Job opportunities, internships and graduate schemes
- Competitions and events
- Live project briefs and freelance work
- One-year industry placements
- Part-time, term-time and campus jobs
- Funded employment schemes
- International internships and job opportunities
Get in touch
Through the dedicated career platform Handshake, employers can connect with our students and alumni, post job opportunities, organise interviews, promote events and actively search candidate profiles – all free of charge.
Join us on Handshake today and advertise your current opportunities.
Some helpful guidelines before registering:
- At Falmouth, we believe in equal opportunity for all students and therefore will only promote paid positions. Roles must meet the UK national living wage, or international equivalent.
- During term-time, it is recommended that current students only work 15 hours per week.
- The job board is frequented by graduates and alumni seeking full-time and part-time roles, please also consider posting more experienced roles alongside entry-level positions.
- We are committed to providing students access to great opportunities across the industry and are proud to work with real living wage and disability confident employers.
Already registered with Handshake? Sign in below:
We are happy to discuss new ways to connect industry with students. Our team can support in identifying potential partnerships and helping businesses build collaborations with courses and students. If you have some ideas, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're looking for virtual space to connect with our students in 2021-2022, please email email@example.com
For all you need to know about the benefits of working with international students and graduates, we recommend exploring the hiring process using information provided by the International Student Employability Group.
The Micro-internship Scheme 2023/24
We're inviting businesses and organisations, based within the UK, to partner with us to create exciting opportunities for our students to work on dedicated projects, helping to launch new initiatives or sustain existing projects.
- Funding available to support creative internships within your organisation
- Internships to address clearly defined project briefs, suitable for students applying for their first graduate-level role
- An internship is 30 hours (micro) to be completed within 2-6 weeks
- Organisations can recruit up to 3 student interns
- Internships will be extra-curricular and, therefore, in addition to academic commitments for students
- The scheme is funded to support students that may face barriers to engagement
- Academic sign-off will be part of the approval process
- Internships can be remote, face-to-face or hybrid
- Students will be paid at £11.40 per hour
- Support provided to enable a competitive student recruitment process
- Opportunities will be targeted towards students in their final years of study
A financial contribution towards the internship will be required from the host organisation. Please see table of funding below for current rates:
|Type of organisation||Cost to host organisation|
|Charity/Not for profit organisation||£75|
|Micro-business (up to 9 employees)||£95|
|SME (10-249 employees)||£150|
|Large (250+ employees)||£250|
You can use our simple online form to tell us about your proposal and we'll get in touch with more information about the scheme and the funding available.