International Talent Awards
The International Talent Awards offer eligible international students £6,000 towards undergraduate or postgraduate studies. This sum will be applied by the University to the last instalment of Year 1 tuition fees, by way of a deduction to the total remaining fee payable.
Current status: Open
Who it's for: The most talented international offer holders paying international fees and applying for a full-time on-campus taught bachelors or masters course, demonstrating exceptional talent.
About the award
The £6,000 awards are strictly allocated as follows:
- 10 x undergraduate scholarships
- 10 x postgraduate scholarships
Please note students can only receive one scholarship each.
To be eligible for the International Talent Awards you will:
- Qualify for the International fee rate (it therefore does not include EU students with settled status)
- Be new to Falmouth University in 2023/24
- 2022/23 deferred offer holders will also be considered for the scholarship
- Be entering directly into the first year of the course
- Hold an offer for a full-time on-campus Bachelors or Master’s course, starting in September 2023. Online courses are not included in the Award Scheme.
- Have received an offer by 31 March 2023 at 23:59 BST
- Have sent in their supporting statement by 31 March 2023 at 23:59 BST
In addition and in order to be eligible for our September 2023 scholarship, you need to have filled in our form by 31 March 2023 at 23:59 BST.
The statement needs to include:
- Your full name with which you applied
- Your Falmouth student ID (starting with 22 or 23)
- Confirmation you have received an offer from us
- A valid phone number we can contact you on
A 500-word statement which includes:
- Your academic/professional achievements
- Your motivation for studying the course and your choice of Falmouth
- How the course will connect to your future career
- The statement is not about why you need a scholarship
- Your agreement that the university can use your statement and details for marketing purposes, whether you are awarded a scholarship or not
How to apply
How it's awarded
For undergraduate courses, each award will be attributed based on the following criteria:
- Previous experience and potential outlined in the supporting statement.
- Interview performance if there is one (including a portfolio, presentation, or performance where applicable), scored by the academic team.
- Full detail on the criteria to be assessed in the interview can be found on our course interview information page.
For postgraduate courses, each academic department will attribute awards based on the following criteria:
- Previous experience and potential outlined in the supporting statement
- Interview performance if there is one (including a portfolio, presentation or performance where applicable), scored by the academic team.
- Full detail on the criteria to be assessed in the interview can be found on the course interview information pages on our website.
Where the number of suitable applicants either exceed or fail to reach the total number of awards available, the University’s Provost will make a final decision on those awards to be made using the criteria detailed above and the professional judgement of academic staff.
When will I know if I've been awarded the scholarship?
The International Student Recruitment team will inform successful applicants of outcomes:
- First round: by the 14 April 2023. Successful applicants will have until 28 April to accept their offer and the scholarship. It will otherwise be lost.
- Second round (if some successful applicants from the first round have not accepted in time): by the 12 May 2023. Successful applicants will have until 26 May to accept their offer and the scholarship. It will otherwise be lost.
Successful applicants will be contacted by phone, text and email, using the details as per the address that was provided in their application. Please ensure your phone number appears on your application.
Terms and conditions
- As the university only has a limited number of scholarships available, we recommend you only make an application if you can afford tuition fees and living costs
- We do not offer full scholarships for September 2023 entry
- We do not offer scholarships for any other intake (January or May)
- The University’s decision on the award of these scholarships will be final
For further information, please contact our international recruitment team: