The Creative Industries Repository
This resource has been created in response to the need for a centralised repository for data, reports and funding information on the local creative industries in the south west.
It is free to access and use for everyone. Whether you're a local creative business or a cultural organisation, you can use this repository to inform your work.
Local strategic documents
Local research and commissioned reports
- Catalysing the Cornish Screen Sector, National Lottery funded report commissioned by Screen Cornwall and the BFI.
- Creative Industries Innovation in Seaside Resorts and Country Towns Discussion Paper commissioned by the Creative Industries Policy and Evidence Centre and conducted by the University of Exeter in 2022
National research and reports
- Creative industries sector vision: a joint plan to drive growth, build talent and develop skills - DCMS policy paper published in June 2023. Aiming to drive growth, build talent and develop skills in the creative industries by 2030
- Understanding the growth potential of creative clusters – DCMS policy paper published in November 2022. Research that identifies and measures some of the key drivers of creative industries’ growth in local areas across the UK.
- Putting the UK's Creative Industries Centre Stage - CITIB strategy published in December 2022. Setting out aims of increasing exports of UK creative services to £66bn and creative exports to £12bn by 2030, to ensure the UK’s soft power and global position remains a key focus
- Arts and creative industries: The case for a strategy - published by the House of Lords Library in December 2022. Calling on the Government to recognise the value of the creative industries and publish the sector vision
- Creative Spillovers: do the creative industries benefit firms in the wider economy? - report published by Frontier Economics in June 2023. Finding that knowledge spillovers have a beneficial impact on the innovation of firms in the wider economy, and are a force for innovation nationwide
- Job quality in the Creative Industries - final report from the Creative PEC's Good Work Review published in February 2023. Examining job quality across the industry, focusing on fair pay, flexible working, overtime and employee representation
- The impact of government policy on the creative sector – House of Lords, October 2021. In response to the Covid pandemic, the government introduced several measures, including the ‘culture recovery fund’. This article examines those measures, in addition to discussing the contribution of the sector to the economy.
- R&D in the Creative Industries Survey - DCMS report published in September 2020. Report focussing on the R&D and innovation activities undertaken by creative industries in the UK and the constraints and enablers of that innovation activity
- Creative industries: Sector Deal – published March 2018. A Sector Deal between government and the creative industries sector
- Creative Industries Policy and Evidence Centre Research