We recognise and value the central role of equality and diversity for staff, students and external members of the Falmouth University community.
The Equality & Diversity Office (EDO) falls within Human Resources and is charged primarily with the responsibility of ensuring legal compliance with the Equality Act 2010. The EDO also has a central role in facilitating a welcoming and positive environment, which is fair and inclusive and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. This is achieved by:
- Providing information, advice and support to staff and students on a wide range of equality matters
- Developing ongoing awareness of equality and diversity through general advisory services, policy development and implementation, online and participatory training workshops, annual diversity events, and community engagement with diversity organisations in Cornwall
- Advising on legislation and good practice and informing Falmouth University's policies and practices that relate to equality through the Equality & Diversity Committee publicity
- Advising on the equality analysis process (formerly known as an Equality Impact Assessment) for all policies, practices and functions which are deemed to impinge on equality
- Coordinating with Admissions, Widening Participation, International and Accessibility teams to aid in enhancing a positive student experience at Falmouth University
- Providing guidance to those who experience discrimination, bullying, harassment and/or victimisation, and access to appropriate conflict resolution services