We believe that positively engaging with equality and diversity will help us give our students the best possible experience, improve staff satisfaction, and strengthen our decision-making and our overall performance.
Our Equality and Diversity Strategy aims
- To ensure anyone with talent and potential should be able to study with us by promoting inclusion, advancing equality of opportunity, and creating a diverse student population in which all students, regardless of background, are offered the same choices and opportunities.
- To have a staff group that reflects the makeup of, and is able to effectively support, our increasingly diverse and global student profile.
- To attract staff and students from all backgrounds to ensure the widest possible talent pool from which to recruit.
- To create and maintain a diverse and inclusive working environment, reflected in staff and student satisfaction and engagement, and in our reputation.
- For every staff member to have the opportunity to reach their potential within the organisation – maximising performance and motivation.
- To have a workforce with a diverse range of experiences, outlooks and approaches to bring maximum flexibility, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- To ensure Falmouth is compliant with its legal responsibility to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity, and foster good relations between people of different protected groups.
Our equality and diversity mission:
'To support Falmouth in being a world class-place to study and work, by providing an inclusive environment where there is equal opportunity for a diverse student and staff community to reach their full creative, academic and entrepreneurial potential.'
Our equality and diversity documents provide more information. The Equality and Diversity Strategy sets out our objectives to achieve our equality and diversity aims, and the measures of success against which we will chart our progress. And the Equality and Diversity Annual Report provides a review of our progress against these measures, as well as an overview of our staff and student profile in relation to the protected characteristics.
Get in touch
This report provides an extra set of metrics in relation to differences between men and women’s average pay within the University.