This is an unprecedented and extraordinary time for our community in Cornwall. The current global challenges mean that, now more than ever, we must all work together to support each other, to be mindful of our personal and collective responsibilities and challenges and strive to behave with respect, consideration and thoughtfulness.
Your Commitment to your community
We ask you to demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour, thoughtfulness and consideration to other community members while on our campuses.
- Follow the latest Government guidance and respect social distancing requirements.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, however mild, self-isolate, request a test and notify your university in accordance with relevant policies and guidance.
- Consider and respect the safety of others in the community including students, staff and our neighbours.
- Take every reasonable effort to minimise the risk of the spread of Covid-19 – regularly wash your hands and wear a face covering whilst on campus in accordance with the guidance.
- Follow the Covid-19 policies and procedures on Campus.
- Follow any special procedures which may be required in the event of a lockdown or outbreak of cases.
- Follow any reasonable instructions given by a member of staff relating to how to practice social distancing, prevention measures or self-isolation.
- Act inclusively and in line with university dignity and respect policies. Show empathy and be respectful and kind to other community members recognising that individuals may have different needs and a different response to the Covid-19 risk.
Our Commitment to you
- Take measures and put in place a system of controls to mitigate the risk posed by the spread of Covid-19 including:
- Covid-19 secure building management and operating systems
- enhanced cleaning procedures
- one-way systems
- reduced occupancy in rooms including teaching rooms and study spaces
- supporting robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- active engagement with test and trace systems
- Through regular and clear communications, take reasonable efforts to ensure members of our community are aware of and abide by the latest safe distancing guidance and our policies and procedures as these adapt.
- Regularly assess the risk of the spread of Covid-19 on our campuses.
- Take appropriate steps to contain any outbreak on our campuses acting in conjunction with the Public Health authorities.
Extensive work is being undertaken to ensure we are able to welcome everyone back to our campuses in a safe and secure manner whilst also providing the widest possible range of academic and social opportunities. On our campuses, this means keeping things constantly under review, enabling us to adapt and respond to changing and potentially challenging scenarios including a potential Covid-19 outbreak or local lockdown.
Campus Experience 2020
Our campuses will be open again in September 2020. Find out how you'll have safe access to our world-class facilities and resources.
Keeping Creative, Connected & Courageous
Find out how we're supporting our community to stay creative, connected and courageous during these unique times.
Coronavirus Applicant Information for 2020
We're looking forward to welcoming our community. Read our new student and applicant advice here.