- Penryn Campus
- 5 days full-time
- Direct line
- 01326 253688
- Intensive: 3 - 7 July 2017, 9.30 - 16.30 *
This five-day course is designed to equip you with the skills needed to create distinctive vector artwork for any project using Adobe Illustrator. Take advantage of the precision and power of sophisticated drawing tools, expressive natural brushes, and a host of time-savers. Paint with vectors that resemble real-world brush strokes.
You'll learn Illustrator from beginner to an advanced level. You'll produce an exciting graphic project using both the classic features and the new and improved tools in Illustrator, and will leave the course with the ability to create and incorporate vector graphics for different projects. On the last day, you'll take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) entry-level certification exam.
Who is the course for?
This course is for graphic designers, or people transitioning into a design job or taking on design responsibilities who need to use Adobe Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements or other graphic documents. You may have little or no experience with Illustrator, although you may already use Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
What you'll learn
- Draw and understand Bézier curves - the root of drawing in Illustrator
- Create a logo using simple shapes
- Accurately place and measure objects in the illustration window
- Trace and colour your hand drawn artwork with image trace
- Save illustrations for both print and web purposes
- Further adjust Bézier curves by creating compound paths
- Create custom brushes and various graphic styles
- Work with transparency and other raster effects like drop shadows
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing
- Enhance the workflow
- Integration of Illustrator with the rest of the Creative Suite
- Working with text
- Creating patterns
- Understanding symbols
The order may change to accommodate different learning styles.
The ACA exam
You'll take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam on the last afternoon of the course. For more on the exam, look at the Illustrator ACA course objectives.
What else should I know?
Should you fail the exam there is a £30 retake fee.
This course is delivered by Susannah Travis, Software Trainer at Falmouth University.
* These courses are for non-Falmouth students. Could current Falmouth students visit www.software-falmouth.co.uk