Phone: 01326 253688
This course is for graphic designers, or people transitioning into a design job or taking on design responsibilities who need to use Adobe Illustrator to create distinctive vector artwork for illustrations, logos, advertisements or other graphic documents. You may have little or no experience with Illustrator, although you may already use Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
The course is for non-Falmouth students. Current Falmouth students should visit software-falmouth.co.uk
1 July - 5 July, 09:00 - 16:00
£660 individual rate. Group discounts are also available.
What you'll learn
- Draw and understand Bézier curves - the root of drawing in Illustrator
- Create a logo using simple shapes
- Accurately place and measure objects in the illustration window
- Trace and colour your hand drawn artwork with image trace
- Save illustrations for both print and web purposes
- Further adjust Bézier curves by creating compound paths
- Create custom brushes and various graphic styles
- Work with transparency and other raster effects like drop shadows
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing
- Enhance the workflow
- Integration of Illustrator with the rest of the Creative Suite
- Working with text
- Creating patterns
- Understanding symbols
The order may change to accommodate different learning styles.
The ACA exam
You'll take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam on the last afternoon of the course. For more on the exam, look at the Illustrator ACA course objectives.
There is a £30 retake fee if you fail the exam.
This course is delivered by Susannah Travis, Software Trainer at Falmouth University.