The Nick Darke Award is now closed for submissions. The winner will be announced on 7 November 2018.
2018 shortlist announced:
Paulding Light by Andrew Sheridan
Stallions by Skot Wilson
Seb's Soles by Sandra Brown Springer
Full Disclosure by Allan Payne
Karl the Magnificent by William Downs
Mumsy by Lydia Marchant
100 Ways the Fire Starts by Max Wilkinson
Blinding by Jen Silverman
Following Nick Darke's death, the Nick Darke Award was conceived in 2006 by his wife, the artist and film-maker Jane Darke, with the support of his family. Nick Darke wrote in many forms but earned his living in the world of theatre, screen and radio.
The award is funded by Falmouth University through the Academy of Music and Theatre Arts (AMATA) and the School of Writing & Journalism. The relationship between Falmouth and the award recognises Nick Darke's impact across the arts and endeavours to continue his legacy through the promotion of talent.
How to complete your submission:
- Please submit a full stage play script (minimum of 45 minutes in length, no maximum) and a one-page synopsis about the play in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of receipt of entry will be sent by email.
- All submissions should be entered anonymously, do not include a name, address or email on the script. Please put contact details in the email with your submission.
- The application must be made in English.
- The competition is open to all national and international writers aged 16 and over.
- The writer must be the sole original author. The competition is not open to collaborations.
- We do not accept submissions that have previously been produced, had a rehearsed reading or won other competitions.
- We do not accept submissions of scripts previously entered into the Nick Darke Award.
- We do not accept musicals or adaptations.
- Late or incomplete entries will not be considered.
- The deadline for submissions is 17:00 (GMT) Monday 21 May 2018.