The Academy for Innovation & Research (AIR) has been built with accessibility and the environment in mind.
- Accessible parking directly outside the main entrance
- Level surfaces to get into the building. The route to AIR from the bus stops is on level pavements with ramps onto the road and zebra crossings. If you require an escort across the campus, please contact us
- Hearing loops
- A lift - the building is on two levels
- Accessible toilets on both floors
- Catering for a range of dietary requirements
- Most events in AIR cater for a range of communication preferences - auditory, visual and kinaesthetic
- On request we offer all our leaflet information in electronic formats - PDF, Word and rich text - that can be read easily by assisted technology, or transcription into braille, large text and audio
AIR is not only accessible it is also an inclusive environment, with many interactive facilities, where all individuals/groups can develop their research to its full potential.
Instructions for arrival
AIR is accessible by train, bus and car:
- Our location is Academy for Innovation & Research (AIR) Building, Penryn Campus, Penryn TR10 9FE
- View the plan of the Penryn Campus
- There are bus and rail services to the campus and car parks are pay-on-exit
- By bus: There are buses to Penryn Campus on routes from Truro, Newquay, Penzance, Helston, Camborne/Poole/Redruth and Falmouth/Penryn.
- By train: Get off at Penryn station and the walk to Penryn Campus is 15-20 minutes up hill. If you would like us to recommend a taxi company, please contact us.
- By car: If you are coming by car, go to the junction of the A39 and A394 and then follow signs to University Campus Penryn.
- Car parks are shown on the plan of the campus. The car park just east of the AIR building is available for you. Parking is pay-on-exit system using entrance barriers and Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) from Monday to Friday. Payment for parking is free for up to 1 hour; £1.60 for up to 2 hours; £2.10 for up to 4 hours; £3.00 for up to 9 hours; and £3.50 for over 9 hours and up to 12 hours. Overnight stay from 8pm to 8am is £1. When ready to leave visit a Pay Station before returning to your vehicle. Parking is free of charge at weekends. Revenues earned from pay and display parking fund our initiatives for alternative forms of transport. Use car share if you can
For any queries please contact Penryn Reception:
Tel: 01326 370400