Take a look at some of the venues around Falmouth and Penryn, where you can take part in events or just relax and socialise.
- The Poly - An independent arts centre steeped in history. The cinema shows a variety if independent films and there are always fantastic art exhibitions, music and theatre performances to entertain you: thepoly.org
- The Phoenix - Multiplex cinema inside an attractive listed building in the town centre. You can have also dinner here before or after your film: falmouth.merlincinemas.co.uk
- Princess Pavilion - National music, comedy, dance and theatre tours, plus attractive gardens and free Sunday afternoon concerts in the summer
- Ocean Bowl - Tenpin bowling centre: oceanbowl.co.uk
- Thirsty Scholar - Food, drink, live music and events: thethirstyscholarpenryn.co.uk
- Miss Peapod's - Kitchen cafe, bar and live music: misspeapod.co.uk
- Mariners Fish & Chips: marinerstakeaway.com
- Cribbs Carribean Restaurant: Wonderful Jamaican food and renowned for its spicy jerk chicken. If you get bored of pasties, they do Jamaican patties to go: Cribbs Caribbean Restaurant on Facebook
- Indaba - Seasonal seafood and if you're feeling flush you can even choose your own lobster: indabafish.co.uk
- The Wheelhouse - A simple but delicious seafood restaurant in Falmouth. They serve their catches of the day with chips and bread and you even get your own bib.
- Namaskar - The oldest curry house in Cornwall. They serve cheap, but incredibly tasy Balti curries and Nepalese cuisine: baltifalmouth.co.uk
- Rick Stein's Seafood Bar
- Amanzi: www.amanzirestaurant.co.uk
- Samphire Restaurant & Bar: www.samphire-falmouth.co.uk
- Three Amigos
- The Hut
- Dollys Tea Room & Wine Bar: dollysbar.co.uk
There are loads of fantastic and diverse local pubs to explore, but here are a few favourites.
- The Front - Cheap and cheerful, with a changing selection of local ales. You can bring your fish and chips here, watch the open mic nights, do the pub quiz or join in some local dancing.
- The Chainlocker - A traditional pub with a great outdoors area, overlooking the harbour. They serve some good pub grub and tasty local ales
- Jacob's Ladder - Great food and live music nights, with some large comfy sofas to lounge on after a Sunday roast: thejacobsladderinn.co.uk
- Hand - A swanky pub with great art shows and delicious international beers. Enjoy a more sophisticated night out: Hand Beer Bar on Facebook
- The Boathouse - Sit back and relax in a great environment with a cool refreshing drink, and a truly delicious dinner. Dance and sing along to a great live band, or simply enjoy a smooth pint from their selection of Cornish ales: theboathousefalmouth.co.uk
- Seven Stars - The oldest pub in Falmouth and a listed building. It's unique blend of good beer and conversation is known throughout the world
- The Pandora Inn, Mylor - Situated on the edge of Restronguet Creek this is a beautiful place to enjoy a drink www.pandorainn.com
Bars & clubs
- The Shed - A seriously cool restuarant and cocktail bar, the Shed is the place to spin on your retro bar stool with a mojito or lounge in the evening sun sipping a sundowner by the marina: falmouth.co.uk/home/eat-and-drink/the-shed
- The Stannary - You don't have to go far for one of Cornwall's biggest venues; enjoy music gigs, comedy and club nights on the Penryn Campus
Some other popular late night bars are: