Interview Information: Business & Entrepreneurship BSc(Hons)
Location: Penryn Campus
The following information is intended for applicants who have already been invited to an interview, to help them prepare. Please note it may change from year to year.
We invite all applicants who show potential to an interview. Interviews are two-way: they give you the opportunity to show your creative skills and interview us; and they help us to assess further your potential to succeed in your chosen subject. If you are based outside the UK/EU, and are unable to come to Falmouth, you'll be interviewed online or by telephone.
We'll use the Applicant Portal to invite you to an interview:
- Log in to the Falmouth Applicant Portal
If, in order to attend an in-person interview on campus, you have any individual requirements due to a long-term health condition, specific learning difficulty or disability, please contact the Accessibility Service as soon as possible:
- Tel: 01326 370460 (text/telephone)
- Email: email@example.com
This will enable us to discuss and put in place any support or adjustments you may require. For example, hearing induction loop, BSL interpreter, adjusted interview time/length, ground floor interview room or information in a different format.
1. Where can I find my interview date and time? Where can I find alternative dates?
2. How can I find local overnight accommodation?
For a list of local hotels and B&Bs visit the Falmouth Town website
Our campus locations are on our How to Find Us page
3. What do I need to bring with me?
You only need to bring yourself and your enthusiasm. We want to focus on you as a person, we do not expect you to bring any portfolio work with you.
4. What will happen at my interview?
In-person on campus interviews
We invite up to 15 applicants to each interview session.
Firstly there will be a welcome talk, followed by a group task where you'll work on a brief within your group. You'll also have a short individual interview. Finally there will be a tour of the campus. There will be an opportunity for you to meet students studying on the course.
You'll be invited to have a Skype discussion with one of the academic staff. There may also be an opportunity for discussion with one or two of the current students. The purpose of this discussion is to ensure that you have a full understanding of this innovative course and to answer any questions you may have.
5. How can I prepare for my interview?
We recommend you familiarise yourself with the information on the School of Entrepreneurship page.
You should be able to:
- Discuss your current studies and how they could map into our business degree
- Describe any business or planning experience you've had
- Discuss your career aspirations and where you would eventually like to work
You should also be prepared to produce work in a team to collaboratively solve a problem that we will set on the day.
6. What are you looking for in a successful applicant?
- Enthusiasm for and an interest in business, entrepreneurship and/or digital marketing
- Real ideas
- A desire to succeed
7. When will I know the outcome of my interview?
We aim to make all decisions within five working days of interviews. However, in some cases, we might wait until we have held a batch of interview sessions before we make a decision. All decisions will be made online in your UCAS Track account and we will also email you.