Alternative funding for postgraduate studies
To supplement a Master's Loan or other income whilst studying, postgraduate students may want to consider potential private funding sources.
There are a number of charitable trusts and organisations that offer financial support to students (and/or other identified groups or individuals).
Students will need to do their own research to identify those to which they may be eligible to apply. The following are suggested as good starting points:
- Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding Gateway - online funding database used by many UK universities and funding bodies (Register for a personal username/password, using the Falmouth University PIN: 9139)
- Postgraduate studentships - online funding database
- Postgrad - general advice on postgraduate study and funding
- Turn2us Grant Search – educational grants search facility and wide range of financial information (click on 'use the grants search tool')
- The Scholarship Hub – online scholarship database
- Crowd Scholar – online funding platform
On campus – you'll find the reference resources 'The Directory of Grant-Making Trusts' and 'The Grants Register' in the careers library on campus.
Your local library – you should find a copy of 'The Guide to Educational Grants' in your local reference library. A 2016/17 version is also available in the Student Funding office at Falmouth Campus.
Get in touch
For any funding related queries, contact our Student Funding team:
T: 01326 255310
Current students can access the Student Funding appointments system to book a Microsoft Teams or on-campus appointment.