Current status: Temporarily closed. Reopening in the Autumn term for academic year 2021/22.
About the For Real Award
The For Real Award supports eligible students in undertaking approved work placements or internships as part of their studies.
Placements must be approved via the RealWORKS/Handshake system and students must meet one of the following eligibility criteria to be able to apply:
- Assessed by Student Finance as having a household income under £42,875
- Be in receipt of Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)
- Be in receipt of a Care Leavers Bursary
- Assessed by Student Finance as an independent student
- Be in receipt of either Parent Learning Allowance (PLA) or Adult Dependents Grant (ADG) from Student Finance
How to apply
Application details will be confirmed when the award reopens in autumn 2021.
You can use the email and telephone number above, or you can book a Microsoft Teams or on-campus appointment by using the Student Funding appointments system.