The Falmouth Travel Bursary fund is aimed at supporting students to undertake extra-curricular trips in the UK, EU, EEA or Switzerland, which they are organising themselves to support their study aims and ambitions.
A bursary can be used to help with the cost of a single study trip which must have a clear purpose and be related to your current course studies. This bursary will not fund mandatory or course-organised trips, placements, trips with multiple destinations, or courses/ workshops.
To be eligible to apply for a Falmouth Travel Bursary, you must be:
- A UK or EU, full fee paying student (ie paying £9,000 tuition fees), and
- Currently enrolled on and attending a Falmouth University undergraduate course
And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have an assessed household income of under £42,875 (as per your Student Finance assessment)
- Be in receipt of a Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)
- Be in receipt of a Care Leavers Bursary
- Have been assessed by the Student Loans Company as an independent student
- Have one or more dependents (child or adult)
We take a wide range of factors into account when assessing applications. We consider:
- The support of your tutor or course leader as demonstrated in their supporting academic statement
- Your description of the proposed study trip and its intended outcomes
- The likely impact of the proposed trip on your studies
- The amount of money you have applied for
- Your personal and financial circumstances
We try to target the funds at those students who are least likely to be able to cover the costs of the study trip without additional support.
Please note: No retrospective awards can be made and applications must be received at least two weeks before the intended date of departure.
How to apply
There is no set closing date and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applications must however be received by the Student Funding Team no later than two weeks before the intended departure date. The fund operates on an annual basis with a limited pot of money. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis until the bursary fund is exhausted each year.
You will usually know the outcome of your application within three weeks of submitting your application, but please note that it may take longer for a cheque to be ready and cleared in your bank.
Contact the Student Funding Team:
- Address: Student Funding Office, Kerris Vean, Falmouth Campus(or drop-in: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 13.00 – 16.00, at the Compass, Penryn Campus)
- Tel: 01326 213744 / 255159
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org