The Falmouth Placement Bursary fund is aimed at supporting students to be able to undertake an academically recognised work placement or internship.
A bursary can be used to help with the costs relating to a single placement either within the UK or abroad. The placement must be with a recognised host employed who has appropriate employer liability insurance etc in place, and have a clear purpose and relationship to your course/ area of study. This bursary will not fund course trips, study trips, courses, workshops or Erasmus study abroad.
To be eligible to apply for a Falmouth Placement Bursary, you must be:
- A UK or EU, full-fee paying student (ie. paying £9,000 tuition fees); and
- Currently enrolled on and attending a Falmouth University undergraduate course
And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have an assessed household income of under £42,875 (as per your Student Finance assessment)
- Be in receipt of Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)
- Be in receipt of a Care Leavers Bursary
- Have been assessed by the Student Loans Company as an independent student
- Have one or more dependents (child or adult)
We take a wide range of factors into account when assessing applications. We consider:
- The support of your tutor or course leader as demonstrated in their supporting academic statement
- Your description of the planned placement and its intended outcomes
- The likely impact of the placement on your studies
- The amount of money you have applied for
- Your personal and financial circumstances
We try to target the funds at those students who are least likely to be able to cover the costs of the study trip without additional support.
Please note: No retrospective awards can be made and applications must be received at least two weeks before the intended date of departure.
How to apply
There is no set closing date and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applications must however be received by the Student Funding Team no later than two weeks before the intended departure date. The fund operates on an annual basis with a limited pot of money. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis until the bursary fund is exhausted each year.
You will usually know the outcome within three weeks of submitting your application, but please note that it may take longer for a cheque to be ready and cleared in your bank.
Contact the Student Funding Team:
- Address: Student Funding Office, Kerris Vean, Falmouth Campus(or drop-in: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 13.00 – 16.00, at the Compass, Penryn Campus)
- Tel: 01326 213744 / 255159
- Email: email@example.com