EU Funding

EU students starting a degree in 2019-20

The UK has guaranteed that EU students starting a degree in 2019-20 will pay the same fees as UK students and continue to have access to student loans and other funding for the duration of their courses.

If you're a full-time student from the EU, you can apply for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England. However, living costs need to be funded through the authorities in your home country or by private funds.

If you've been resident in the UK for five years or more (outside of education) before the start of your proposed course, it's worth checking if you qualify as a UK student instead.

EU Student Funding and the UK referendum

The Student Loans Company regularly reviews the possible implications of Brexit on students from the EU. For more information visit the Student Loans Company website.

EU Bursaries for low income families

We are offering bursaries to EU students who have commenced their studies since 2016. Students will need to be assessed by Student Finance England as having a household income of under £25,000 to qualify for a Materials Bursary. See below for details on how to apply to Student Finance, and for further information on the bursary visit the Materials Award page.

English Language Pre-sessional

If English is not your first language and you need to improve to the required level (IELTS 6.0) to study an undergraduate course at Falmouth University, the English Language Pre-sessional for Undergraduates could be for you. Please note that this course cannot be funded by a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England. You should however still apply for to Student Finance England if you wish to have a Tuition Fee Loan for your undergradate course and be considered for the undergraduate bursary detailed above.

How to apply

Contact the EU customer services team at Student Finance England for further advice and an application form.

Tel: +44 (0)141 243 3570

Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 4.00pm

Postgraduate Masters Loans:  Government funded loans are to be available for UK/EU students starting a Masters course from September 2016.  For further details please see our dedicated page: Postgraduate Masters Loans