Course Coordinator, MA Creative App Development
MA Creative Education
BA (Hons) Interaction & Moving Image
London College of Communication
Honours and awards
Staff excellence award for innovation in teaching
Membership of external committees
- HEA Fellow
- Human Computer Interaction
- Digital Art
- Digital Design and Production
- Immersive Media
- Creative Robotics
Publications and research outputs
|Krzywinska, Tanya ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0744-4144, Phillips, Tim ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7762-9742, Parker, Alcwyn ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2374-1229 and Scott, Michael ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6803-1490 (2020) From Immersion’s Bleeding Edge to the Augmented Telegrapher: A Method for Creating Mixed Reality Games for Museum and Heritage Contexts. ACM Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage, 13. ISSN 978-1-4503-9999-9/18/06 (In Press)|
Conference or Workshop Item
|Parker, Alcwyn ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2374-1229, Lewis, Gareth and Scott, Michael ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6803-1490 (2019) Improving Technical Communication with a Cue Awareness Intervention using Poster Presentations. In: Proceedings of the Computing Education Practice Conference, 9th January 2020, Durham, UK. (Submitted)|
|Scott, Michael ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6803-1490, Parker, Alcwyn ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2374-1229, McDonald, Brian ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0611-6499, Lewis, Gareth and Powley, Edward ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7317-7304 (2019) Nurturing Collaboration in an Undergraduate Computing Course with Robot-themed Team Training and Team Building. In: Computing Education Practice, January 9th, 2019, Durham, UK.|
|Scott, Michael James ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6803-1490, Parker, Alcwyn ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2374-1229, Powley, Edward ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7317-7304, Saunders, Rob, Lee, Jenny, Herring, Phoebe, Brown, Douglas ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6662-6629 and Krzywinska, Tanya ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0744-4144 (2018) Towards an Interaction Blueprint for Mixed Reality Experiences in GLAM Spaces: The Augmented Telegrapher at Porthcurno Museum. In: Proceedings of the 32nd BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, 2-6 July, 2018, Belfast, NI.|
|Parker, Alcwyn ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2374-1229 and Scott, Michael ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6803-1490 (2018) Crafting Engaging Programming Experiences for Young People in GLAM Spaces: The iOi-Sphere. In: ITiCSE 2018, July 02 - 04, 2018, Larnaca, Cyprus.|
|Scott, Michael ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6803-1490, Powley, Edward ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7317-7304 and Parker, Alcwyn ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2374-1229 (2017) Using GitHub to Support Programming Assignments. In: Proceedings of the 5th HEA Conference on Learning and Teaching in STEM Disciplines, 1-2 February 2017, Manchester, UK. (In Press)|
Areas of teaching
- Interaction design
- Experimental Cinema
- Immersive Media
- Web Design & Development
- App Development
- Digital Content Creation
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Hardware & Software Development
- Human-Computer Interaction
- BSc Computing for Games
- MA Creative App Development
2016-Present: Business Mentor for Unlocking Potential, one-to-one expert support for new start-ups, entrepreneurs, professionals and employed graduates.
Business start ups
Director of M-A-P Projects Ltd
Consultancy and facility services
Business mentor for Unlocking Potential, one-to-one expert support for new start-ups, entrepreneurs, professionals and employed graduates.
Independent professional practice
Alcwyn Parker has been working as a freelancer for many years and in 2017 cofounded Map Digital Projects Ltd. M-A-P is a digital design studio formed around the collaborative relationship between James Moore, Lynwen Anthony and Alcwyn Parker. Together they have experience designing complex interactive systems, digital art and commercial projects for major brands.
- 2018-Current: Citizen Journalist Network - CJN is an online space where citizen journalists can research news stories, obtain access to relevant individuals, organise interviews and develop content which will support their stories.
- 2018-Current: Concept Shed – Developer for AutoWed, a custom vending machine.
- 2017 iOiSphere – Lead developer for an interactive installation hosted by the Institute of Imagination, Vauxhall, London. Designed to encourage children to get into engineering. http://www.ioi.london/ | https://twitter.com/ioisphere Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/219518823
- 2016 City of Lights – Technology Consultant for the Arts Council Event held in the city of Truro.
- 2015 Light Field – A memorial wall of light is displayed on a shopping street in Truro, arranged as a field of 30 blood-red light pools. Motion sensors trigger a light when someone walks past it, so pathways, or 'light trails', following the movement patterns of pedestrians, are constantly being drawn. Each individual illumination represents someone from the Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry who was killed in WW1. The bulb stays lit for a number of seconds, relative to the age of the deceased, then fades away. The system simultaneously "speaks" the name of the fallen soldier.
- 2009 SoundMap – An online service that hosts audio recorded by enthusiasts around the world. The sounds are positioned on Google Maps and are located in the position they were recorded. The sounds can be mixed in real time to give the user a sense of place. This project was commissioned by Creative Research into Sound Arts Practice(CRISAP) - http://petercusack.org/
Social, community and cultural engagement
2017 Digital workshop in collaboration with the City of Lights – Teaching artists in the community to incorporate digital techniques into their practice focusing on Locative and immersive media.
Engagement with professional associations and societies
UK and Ireland ACM SIGCSE Chapter