Fees and Student Finance

Am I an international student for fee purposes?

If you are not a UK/EU national, or you have been living outside of the UK/EU for the last three years, you will probably be classed as an international student. More information is available on our international money page. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) can also provide independent advice.

How do I apply for undergraduate government support?

Applications for government loans and grants for students from England need to be submitted online to Student Finance England. If you normally live in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales, you will need to apply to your regional finance team for your loan or grant: Student Finance NI, Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), or Student Finance Wales.

Full-time EU students can apply for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England, however International applicants are not eligible to apply for funding from the UK government but should seek advice from the government authority in their home country.

What are your course fees?

Get up to speed with our course fees here

What computer or software should I buy before I start my course?

If you are studying in person on campus, we recommend you wait until you have commenced your course before you decide which hardware or software is best suited to you. IT Services support students with access to computers and industry-standard software for use on campus. If you are planning to study online as a distance learning student, please see the relevant course page for the exact software and hardware requirements to ensure you can access the virtual learning environment successfully.

What financial support is available for students?

Find out more about financial support here

What will I be expected to pay for as part of my course?

In addition to tuition fees, you can expect to cover the cost of any stationery, photocopying and printing costs, the cost of the materials you choose to work with, and any study trips and visits. Each course has different costs associated with it and you will be notified about these before the start of term.

Will I be eligible for government funding?

From 2012, all UK undergraduate students will be eligible for a tuition fee loan as long as you haven't been to university before. Exactly how much you can borrow, in the form of a living fee loan, will depend on your household income. Use our funding calculator to find out more, or contact Student Finance England.