The Board of Governors' current profile of membership reflects the experience and expertise required for the University to meet its statutory obligations and to achieve its strategic aims and objectives. The membership is subject to regular review against a matrix of expertise and experience by the Board of Governors' Nominations Committee.
How many Governors do we have?
The constitution of the Board of Governors is determined by the Instrument of Government.
From 1 January 2015 the Board of Governors has a total of 12 members as follows:
- Nine independent members, no vacancies
- One academic representative - an academic member of staff nominated by the Academic Board
- One student - the serving President of the Students' Union
- One professional services representative - nominated by the Vice-Chancellor's Executive Group
- The Vice-Chancellor & Chief Executive