Applicable to foundation level
The 16-19 Bursary Fund is government funding available to students on the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design. The fund consists of Fixed Awards and Falmouth Discretionary Awards.
Fixed Awards are worth £1,200. They are specifically aimed at supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds and are available for young people:
- In care or who qualify as a 'care leaver', having been in care at age 16
- In receipt of income support
- Who are disabled and in receipt of both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
Falmouth Discretionary Awards
Falmouth Discretionary Awards are smaller awards aimed at supporting students with financial barriers to participation as follows:
- Berlin Award All students who qualify for support under the Residential Support Scheme receive a contribution of £220 towards the course trip to Berlin, which takes place at the end of the autumn term. We also make a further four or five awards to Cornish students if you can demonstrate you're from a low income household.
- Commuter Award Additional support will be considered for those travelling to the University from outside zone A (Falmouth/Penryn). The level of award will vary dependant upon need and distance travelled.
- Materials Award In the spring term you will be able to apply for help towards the cost of materials needed for your course. Once applications are open, details are circulated via University email and course tutors.
- South West Travel Award Students from Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucester and Bristol will receive a small contribution towards the spring term gallery trip. Details will be available from course tutors in the spring term.
Students will be contacted via University email with information about these awards at relevant times during the academic year.
Any queries about the 16-19 Bursary Fund should be directed to the Student Funding Team:
Tel: 01326 213744/255159