- 10 or 6 weeks full-time full-time
- Direct line
- 01326 213730
If English is not your first language and you need to improve to the required level (IELTS 6.0) to study an undergraduate course at Falmouth University, the English Language Pre-sessional for Undergraduates could be for you.
By studying with us you will improve your English and have time to adjust to a new study environment, whilst enjoying Falmouth and the beautiful Cornish coastline.
Successful completion of Falmouth University's Pre-sessional language course means that you can progress to your main undergraduate course at Falmouth University without having to take another external English language test.*
*Progression to your main University course is not guaranteed; you'll need to pass the Pre-sessional language course in order to progress; the language course is recognised by Falmouth University only, you'll not receive an externally recognised English Language award.
Start dates and fees
|Course||Start date||End date||Cost|
|10 week||19 June 2017||25 August 2017||£3,100|
|6 week||17 July 2017||25 August 2017||£1,860|
Course fees do not include accommodation. Ensuite rooms are available in self-catering flats at the standard student rate. Please visit the accommodation pages for information. More specific details will be provided at a later date.
There will be 20+ contact hours per week focusing on the language and study skills required for Falmouth University's courses. This includes weekly one-to-one tutorials with a personal tutor. The aims of this course are:
- To develop your understanding of and ability to use English appropriately in an academic environment
- To ensure you have met the minimum English language requirement expected on Falmouth University's undergraduate degrees
- To help you develop the academic study skills and strategies that will enable successful study on degree courses
The course will also help to increase your confidence and prepare you for degree studies, while giving you the opportunity to make friends, become familiar with Falmouth and settle into university life.
Assessment is based on a Learning Portfolio which includes:
- A 1000 word essay on a topic related to your academic interest
- A five minute presentation on the essay topic with follow up QA
- Final exit tests (reading, writing, listening)
- Learning record - weekly practice tasks, an independent learning diary, course participation and tutorial notes
The course includes a programme of cultural visits to local museums, galleries and places of interest; with weekend social activities such as beach BBQs, surfing and day trips to sights around Cornwall.
Who is eligible?
International and EU applicants who have accepted an offer to study at undergraduate level and who need to improve their English to the required level.