University league tables provide prospective students, parents, teachers and advisors with an objective way of measuring one institution against another according to various key criteria.
There are several, most notably those produced by the Times, the Guardian and the Independent (the Independent's table is within a publication called the Complete University Guide).
League tables are constructed using different criteria, including teaching excellence, research quality, student/staff ratio and student satisfaction figures, and employ different scoring and weighting systems. This means that a university will rarely appear in the same position in two different league tables in the same year, and may be ranked much higher or lower against the criteria that matter most to you than their overall score might suggest. Another reason to use league tables carefully is that the overall ranking of the university does not always reflect the ranking of the subject you may want to study.
Our advice is to use league tables as a tool, but don't lose sight of what is most important - your own criteria. If you would like more information about studying here, visit our course pages or come to an open day.
- The Complete University Guide 2015 (Falmouth University 55 of 123 institutions and one of the top five universities in the South West)
- The Guardian University Guide 2015 (Falmouth University 53 of 116 institutions)
- The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 (Falmouth University 51 of 121 institutions)
Subject specific rankings
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015
- Art & Design (Falmouth University 12 of 77 institutions)
- Communication & Media Studies (Falmouth University 64 of 90 institutions)
- Drama, Dance & Cinematics (Falmouth University 51 of 92 institutions)
- English (Falmouth University 62 of 105 institutions)
- Music (Falmouth University 63 of 73 institutions)
Guardian University Guide 2015
- Art (Falmouth University 17 of 62 institutions)
- Dance & Drama (Falmouth University 66 of 81 institutions)
- Design & Crafts (Falmouth University 21 of 70)
- English & Creative Writing (Falmouth University 63 of 105 institutions)
- Fashion & Textiles (Falmouth University 20 of 43 institutions)
- Film Production & Photography (Falmouth University 46 of 54 institutions)
- Journalism, Publishing & Public Relations (Falmouth University 9 of 58 institutions)
- Media & Film Studies (Falmouth University 29 of 79 institutions)
- Music (Falmouth University 61 of 75 institutions)
The Complete University Guide 2015