University league tables provide prospective students, parents, teachers and advisors with an objective way of measuring one institution against another according to various key criteria.
There are several, most notably those produced by the Times, the Guardian and the Independent (the Independent's table is within a publication called the Complete University Guide).
League tables are constructed using different criteria, including teaching excellence, research quality, student/staff ratio and student satisfaction figures, and employ different scoring and weighting systems. This means that a university will rarely appear in the same position in two different league tables in the same year, and may be ranked much higher or lower against the criteria that matter most to you than their overall score might suggest. Another reason to use league tables carefully is that the overall ranking of the university does not always reflect the ranking of the subject you may want to study.
Our advice is to use league tables as a tool, but don't lose sight of what is most important - your own criteria. If you would like more information about studying here, visit our course pages or come to an open day.
- The Complete University Guide 2014 (Falmouth University 60 of 124 institutions)
- The Guardian University Guide 2014 (Falmouth University 76 of 119 institutions)
- The Times University Guide 2014 (Falmouth University 77 of 121 institutions) - subscription service
Subject specific rankings
Times Good University Guide 2014 - subscription service
- Art & Design (Falmouth University 17 of 79 institutions)
- Communication & Media Studies (Falmouth University 57 of 89 institutions)
- Music (Falmouth University 56 of 73 institutions)
- Drama, Dance & Cinematics (Falmouth University 76 of 91 institutions)
- English (Falmouth University 86 of 99 institutions)
Guardian University Guide 2014
- Art & Design (Falmouth University 46 of 83 institutions)
- Media Studies, Communications & Librarianship (Falmouth University 52 of 90 institutions)
- English (Falmouth University 53 of 102 institutions)
- Drama & Dance (Falmouth University 68 of 90 institutions)
- Music (Falmouth University 75 of 77 institutions)
The Complete University Guide 2014