- Falmouth Campus
- Direct line
- 01326 213730
The MA in Creative Education recognises that teaching is an inherently creative activity and draws on the current contexts within which design, media, art and performance education operate. You'll be encouraged to reflect on the innovation and creativity of your subject area to inform your approaches to teaching and learning.
Acknowledging that the best teachers are also learners, you'll be taking a scholarly look at teaching and reflecting on the literature, practices and contexts of the creative curriculum. This course also addresses a need to develop informed professionalism to support the teaching and learning of an increasingly diverse student group.
- Interrogate and question established educational theory and policy
- Understand the nature and significance of educational issues, and the ways in which research in education might illuminate them
- Generate ideas and confidence within teaching practices
- Be prepared for a range of roles in education (including leadership) and education policy making
Building professional experience
The MA in Creative Education allows you to reflect on your teaching practice and subject context, in order to explore this in relation to current thinking and research in learning and teaching. The course is founded on the dimensions of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education. It explores key areas of activity, core knowledge and professional values, and explores these within the context of the creative disciplines.
How the course is taught
The MA Creative Education takes a blended approach to teaching and learning, including:
- Lectures/ seminars
- Online activities
- Group working
- Online seminars, forums and wiki's
- Guest lectures/ seminars
- Practice-based workshops
- Teaching observation
- Excellent library resources include a wide range of journals and current publications (on and offline)
- Career and further study support
- Access to teaching, IT and study facilities
- Teaching portfolio comprising individual assignments, designed to provide a relevant and meaningful resource for future reference
- Scholarship and research assignments at Diploma stage
- Final MA research project and dissertation with the opportunity to publish
Interview and selection process
Interviews are arranged for all those applying to the course and are held with one or more members of the course team.