- Job title
- Head of Drawing
- 01326 213846
MA Fine Art
Keywords: Drawing, Printmaking, Landscape
Academic interests/teaching themes
Observational Drawing methodologies and procedures; Drawing as an expressive language, speculation and improvisation; Drawing as a developmental process; Drawing histories and contexts; Printmaking practice, history and context; studio practice and workshop procedures; Etching, Silkscreen, Relief printing and Monotype processes.
Drawing as a personal developmental language; translations of landforms, geomorphology, landscape equivalents; sedimentary and igneous geologies, associated ecologies, translations of urban and sub-urban themes, coded depictions, systems and sequences; Print-related drawing methods, resist processes, stencilling and masking, gestalt approaches. Monotype practices and developments, mixed printmaking media. Traditions in etching, intaglio and releif printmaking, colour etching and printmaking; Non-toxic etching and silkscreen.
Academic/industry background and industry links
- Co-director 'Bellagraphica.com'
- Specialists in the Modern Colour Woodcut
- Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition (Etchings)
- 2011, 2012 The Padstow Studio, Guest Artist 2011 A4 Printmakers, Open Space Gallery, Penryn (Open)
- 2010 Wrexham Print International (Monotypes and relief prints)
- 2009 'Originals' National Print Exhibition, Mall Galleries (Monotypes)
- 2009 (Winner of the Fenton Arts Trust Award for Outstanding Printmaking)